Whatcha Got Cooking?
In this section, Cool Springs’ staff members make recommendations for kitchen concoctions you can try at home. Some recipes contain wine or spirits. Some are just paired with wine or spirits. In all cases, we promise palate-pleasing dishes that will (hopefully) inspire you to share it with others. Let us know what you think...
Here is a light, delicious lunch idea.Serve it with Baqueano White, an exciting wine from Patagonia, in the south of Argentina ($11.99 at Cool Springs Wines & Spirits).
4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat the oven broiler.
2. Lay the toasted bread out on a baking sheet.
3. Top each slice of bread with 1/4 of the avocado, mushrooms, almonds, and tomato slices.
4. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese.
5. Broil the open-face sandwiches until the cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 2 minutes. Serve the sandwiches warm.