Chicken with Wine and Mushrooms
The Sebastiani Family Cookbook
by Sylvia Sebastiani
• 1 fryer, cut up
• Salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika to taste
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 can sliced, button mushrooms, with liquid
• 3/4 cup Sebastiani Chardonnay
• 1 or 2 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
• 2 or 3 sprigs rosemary (optional)
Season chicken pieces generously with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Melt butter and oil in shallow roasting pan and place chicken pieces in pan. Place pan in 350 degree oven and turn pieces as they brown. Heat mushrooms with liquid in wine. After 30 minutes, add to chicken. If desired, garlic and rosemary may be added, but remove before serving. Continue cooking until tender, about 15–20 minutes.
Suggested Wine Pairings
Serve with Sebastiani chardonnay, of course.