In this section, Cool Springs' staff members make recommendations for kitchen concoctions you can try at home. Some recipes contain wine or spirits. Some are just paired with wine or spirits. In all cases, we promise palate-pleasing dishes that will (hopefully) inspire you to share it with others. Let us know what you think...
Easy French Dip Sandwiches
Match this great sandwich with a soft, rich Horse Heaven Hills Merlot from Columbia Crest (at Cool Spring Wine & Spirits) for an easy summer meal.
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme
1 cup water
1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Open the hoagie rolls and lay out on a baking sheet.
3. Heat beef consomme and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make a rich beef broth.
4. Place the roast beef in the broth and warm for 3 minutes.
5. Arrange the meat on the hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of provolone.
6. Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to melt.
7. Serve the sandwiches with small bowls of the warm broth for dipping.