Whatcha Got Cooking?
In this section, Cool Springs’ staff members make recommendations for kitchen concoctions you can try at home. Some recipes contain wine or spirits. Some are just paired with wine or spirits. In all cases, we promise palate-pleasing dishes that will (hopefully) inspire you to share it with others. Let us know what you think...
Try this delicious Mediterranean-inspired creation with Hughes Picpoul de Pinet, a popular light white wine from the Mediterranean coast of France ($9.99 at Cool Springs Wines & Spirits).
1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
3 slices bacon
1 pound boneless chicken breast half, cooked and diced
salt to taste
1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2/3 cup pitted black olives
1 (6 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
4. Season chicken with salt. Stir chicken with bacon in a large skillet or saucepan.
5. Add tomatoes and rosemary, and simmer 20 minutes.
6. Stir in feta cheese, olives and artichoke hearts and cook until heated through.
7. Toss with fresh cooked pasta and serve warm. Garnished with extra feta if desired.