Scallops with Lemon and Capers
Here's a recipe that will make you think you can here the surf, right here in Middle Tennessee. Try it with a zesty sauvignon blanc from New Zealand like White Haven ($17.99 at Cool Springs Wines & Spirits)Ingredients
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 tsp stick butter
- 1-1/2 lb sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. In a 2-cup liquid measure, stir broth, capers, cornstarch, garlic, zest, juice, salt and pepper until cornstarch dissolves.
2. Melt 2 tsp butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When butter just starts to brown, add scallops and cook, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
3. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil; boil 1 minute until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in remaining butter and parsley. Spoon over scallops.