In this section, Cool Springs' staff members make recommendations for kitchen concoctions you can try at home. Some recipes contain wine or spirits. Some are just paired with wine or spirits. In all cases, we promise palate-pleasing dishes that will (hopefully) inspire you to share it with others. Let us know what you think...
Spicy Turkey Burgers
Ready for a change from grilled hamburger? Break away with these easy, delicious, and healthy turkey burgers. And just for fun, open a bottle of Brazin old vine Zinfandel to go with it (16.99 at Cool Springs Wine and Spirits).
2 pounds lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
2 fresh green chile peppers, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4. cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1tablespoon ground cumin
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, garlic, ginger, chile peppers, red onion, cilantro, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, mustard, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Form the mixture into 8 burger patties.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate.
5. Place turkey burgers on the grill, and cook 5 to 10 minutes per side, until well done.